
Here are some pictures my brother-in-law Matt sent by e-mail. I can't believe how incredibly precious and non-fetal looking my new nephew Simon is; he is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen. I didn't know a preemie could look that normal and perfect. The funniest thing (I think--won't be so funny to his parents who have to pay the diaper bills) they've learned about Simon is he HATES wet diapers. Several times he has been super fussy and won't eat and won't calm down...then they change his wet diaper...baby is fine and happy. Poor parents!!! Told Stacey she needs to buy some stock in diapers 'cause they will be using their fair share! =) Simon is regulating his temperature well and his blood work came back good: bilirubin is normal (that was Porter's biggest obstacle for 3 months) and he is not anemic. His only issue is he had a high blood count so they gave him an IV to thin out his blood. All-in-all Simon is doing great and Mom is the new milking machine! It's feeding, pumping, sleeping and eating for Stacey! What a great, wonderful, perfect, beautiful new mom.
3 comments:
I didn't realize you had been blogging! Oops. I hate that we're not there but oh well. I guess by the time we get there she will run out of adrenaline (you run off of that for the first few weeks). She will be really pooped by then and need us. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself of.
There were a lot of babies born in your family recently. COngrats to your sister, I'm sure it was hard not being there with her.
I am so excited for them! Congrats, aunt Natalie! Now if we can all get together and show our little ones off! Hey can you give me Stacey's new home address?
Post a Comment