Thursday, August 26, 2010

Late Summer Garden Update

These pictures are from a couple weeks ago during out trip out East. There's Porter "talking" on Aunt Stacey's phone and then Porter and I in a prairie maze at COSI.



As for my garden got happy and sad news. Finally getting some peppers! Just banana peppers but it's something. Still no green peppers and thinking it won't happen. Yesterday made Hawaiian meatballs and used stuff from the store (green pepper, red pepper, pineapple) but also fresh produce from my garden (banana peppers, carrots, and onions). It was so colorful and healthy! Sad news is all of my melon and squash plants died. Aaron blames bugs. I think it was that and heat. I had only gotten about 4 squash and 3 zucchini before they all died and never got any watermelon, pumpkins, or cantaloupe. So sad. =( So most of the garden is dead and pulled out including tomato plants which got huge but never produced anything. Only thing I have left to use is parsley, basil, carrots (will be gone soon), onions (also almost gone), some corn that's hanging on but about to die, and some pretty flowers.

No comments: