Thursday, December 17, 2009

Story time

Story time at the library is now one of our favorite things. Okay, mostly for me but Porter likes the songs. The story ladies usually read a book, kids sing a song, book, song, activity (coloring), and treat (candy or cookie). Porter doesn't sit or listen to the stories but he LOVES the songs and dances...which for him is swaying side to side. I like that he interacts with other kids and gets out of the house and starts to understand a structured play time. Today the story lady read Santa stories, we sang "Jingle Bells" as the kids shook bells, sang "Must be Santa" while the kids held pictures of Santa and reindeer, colored a Santa that we the mom's cut out, and they got Christmas candy. This is Porter "holding" (wanting to destroy) his Santa that he colored by himself!!!! First time! The other times I hold a crayon in his hand and move his hand back and forth. Today he did it all by himself and I just fall more in love with this kid everyday.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm so proud of you taking him to fun stuff already! What a good mom. :)