Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Fun

These are all pictures from last month. Porter devouring a sub sandwich (or at least making an attempt), playing with Daddy in the yard, and fun bath time hair. We have had a great summer thus far and it's not over yet! =)



Porter loves his trains and cars right now. He wakes up in the morning and first thing out of his mouth is "choo choo"! He lines them up everywhere and it's funny to see the random places they end up. He is really at a great age where he will play by himself for awhile. He is also really starting to say a lot more words (or at least a version of the word that probably only I can understand). Here is a small list of some "new" words in Porter's vocabulary: up ("uh"), mail (sounds like "may"), strawberries (berries), pancakes ("cakie"), slide (side), eat ("ee"), outside, juice (his version is "duice"), walk (today he said "walkie" because he wanted to take our dog-friend for a walk), baby, boots (boo), where ("wee" as he puts his hands up), again ("agay"), banana ("nana"), this ("deese"), spoon ("boom"), and ice cream (says "i-ceam"). There are more, just can't remember them right now. The oldies are milk (milkie), binki (says "bin-ti"), daddy, mama, doggie, duck (duckie), snack (snackie), truck, please ("pease"), drink (dink), swing (swin-swin), balloon (baoon), ball (baa), sock (sockie), shoes (oose), rock (rockie), monkey (mon-tee), teddy, night-night (ni-ni), bye-bye, go, jump ("dump"), hat (haa), all done ("ah-du"), nana, papa, hat (haa), and thank you ("tant you"). He knows a lot of animals but doesn't say the names, just does the sign and their sound (monkey, dog, cat, lion/tiger, elephant, fish, etc). The other day he signed chicken all by himself! Learned it from "Signing Time" and Aunt Stacey in May.

Porter is really good about doing his chores (diaper duty, "dirties" in the laundry or sink, picking up bath toys) and has a new one: making his bed. Before he gets out of the crib he straightens his comforter and wa-la! Bed is made. He started doing that one on his own (just like diaper duty which is putting his dirty diaper in the Diaper Genie). Guess he just saw me do it enough times. He is good about helping me get him dressed (putting his arms through or holding onto me while he lifts his legs out). I am doing swimming lessons with him again this year in a Parent/Tot class and I love it! It's at a late time for him when he should be down for a nap so half way through he is signing and saying "all done" because he is tired but I make him stay. He is doing so good kicking to swim and blowing bubbles. Last year at 9 months he didn't do much but look cute. He does great jumping in the pool and doesn't mind when I dunk him under. I am so proud of him! One cute thing he does is say "bye bye" to everything. When I let him flush his business down the potty he waves and says goodbye to it. When I get him out of his crib he waves and says goodbye to his bed as I walk away. Last week one day he was playing for a bit after he woke up in the morning but he soon came and found me, grabbed me by the hand, pointed to the kitchen and signed "eat". He was telling me he was hungry and wanted to eat! Oh how I love him!
I went with a bunch of friends to see the Twilight movie "Eclipse" on opening day June 30th. It was really fun! (Thanks for sharing the picture Erin!) No I have not read the books but the movies are good. I'm not obsessed but I'm not a critic. For me it's just pure entertainment.

No comments: