Saturday, October 16, 2010

General Conference in SLC 2010

Aaron and I had the wonderful opportunity to attend General Conference ( www.lds.org) in Salt Lake City at the conference center. We've been a couple times before but it's been a few years so this was refreshing. I LOVE conference! It's a great experience being there in person. I think every member should experience it at least once. The plan was to go Friday night to Sunday night but we cut it short and came back Saturday night since we had a suddenly sick, throwing up son. Thank you Rachael and Nana for taking care of Porter!!!!
I have Stacey and Matt to thank for making this trip possible. They got us tickets to two sessions (and parking passes) which is the reason we decided to go. (We would like tickets for conference in April...anyone???) We ended up having the opportunity to get tickets for a third session by doing some tickets swapping which means we would have gone to a session Saturday (two for Aaron counting the priesthood session which he got a ticket from someone on the street an hour before it started) and both on Sunday. We stayed at Little American Hotel right by Temple Square. It was very old but nice. Felt very historic. Saturday morning session we watched on TV from our hotel room. Aaron took notes on his ipad and I took notes the old-fashioned way...on paper. Aaron thinks it's so ancient. *eye roll*
Saturday afternoon session we were in the conference center! I loved it; it's such an incredible experience.




Coolest thing; ran into one of my very bestest Hoffie! (aka Kristin Hoffmann Firaru) Her husband Ionut always translates conference in Romanian and his mom is visiting from Romania. They have a PRECIOUS sweet baby girl Emilia. If I hadn't had a stupid sinus infection (I have suspicions it was walking pneumonia) with a horrible cough than I would have had that baby the whole time! I got to hang out with Kristin while the boys attended the priesthood session. It was a wonderful trip and fabulous time!

1 comment:

The Sanford Family said...

Lucky!!!! It's not fair!!!!!! I still believe in using paper, too!