Thursday, October 14, 2010

NICU Reunion at Staheli Farm

Porter and I attended his NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) Reunion last week on the 6th which was held at Staheli Family Farm. It was so much fun!!! I was sad Aaron had to work because he would have really enjoyed being there with Porter. It was held exactly during Porter's nap time so didn't get a lot of smiles from the tired little face but he loved it. I of course used the event as a personal picture day and took pictures of my little "doggie" around every corner. Here is a list of activities Porter took part in: petting zoo (horses, cows, donkeys, llama, goats, sheep, turkeys, pigs, peacock, & chickens), playground/slide, rope swing onto mattresses, water pump duckie race, tractor ride to pumpkin patch, and tractor train ride. Since Porter loves animals and loves making the animal noises he was in heaven! He was so cute climbing all the fences, pulling at his "dog ears" to get them out of his face, and asking for cookies (saying the word and doing the sign which was cute). That was our rainy week but thankfully the sun came out that afternoon and the weather was very pleasant. Porter spent a lot of time on the little tractor toy and as you can see even carried it around. When we went to the pumpkin patch I told him to try to pick them up and then give them a kiss--thus giving me a photo op--and he was too precious! He went around to every pumpkin he saw and bent down to give each one a kiss. A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. We rode the tractor train three times and it was driven by our very own Rod Staheli in our ward! That was such a fun event. Last year the reunion was at the Jubilee of Trees. I really liked this where it was just us in one location. Thank you DRMC NICU!!! I didn't get any pictures of the staff but we loved it and can't wait for next years!






















1 comment:

Alisa and Sky said...

oh my goodness!! He looks ADORABLE in his little costume!! Thats so cute he kissed all the pumpkins! Looks like a really fun time!!