
October 31st fell on a Sunday this year, as you all know, so we "celebrated" the holiday by wearing festive colors (black & orange) to church. Porter also got to eat more "candies" which he loved. Same day I was released as 2
nd counselor in the Young Woman's Presidency in my ward and called as the 2
nd counselor in the Primary Presidency. Mixed emotions there:
sooooooooooo sad to leave
YW and my friends and leaders I work with and the girls I love! It's only been a year so I feel like I just got started. I have always loved primary though and love primary songs so I am very excited! It will be great, but I'm not going to lie...my heart hurts to know I won't be seeing the girls as much and working with them. Who knew you could grow to love a bunch of teenagers so much! I'm thrilled to work with Rosie again (we worked together in the Relief Society Presidency Jan. '07-'09) and excited to work with Kacey. At least I'll be able to see the tops of heads of the kids I'm over vs. being towered by the teenagers. I didn't mind, just thought it was funny. Go us shorter people! =P

Porter holding Teddy who is "saying" CHEESE.

Porter LOVES *roar* chips (aka: Cheetos) and here are pictures of him digging through the box to find a bag and the facial expression upon finding them.


Sunday evening Porter and I went on a walk around the Temple. I
LOOOOVE living so close to a Temple! Wanted to get out of the house but wanted to do something to keep the sabbath day holy so we walked around the Temple. It was beautiful. Such a peaceful and special place.

Porter wore his "dog" coat (the hood has a face & ears) to commemorate the holiday as well.

Last of all for Halloween Porter took an orange bath. I want to do a colorful bath for every holiday. The first was a green bath for St. Pat's in March. I think I missed the rest. Would've done pink for Easter and blue for Independence Day. Brown will be for Thanksgiving and green or red for Christmas and red for Valentines Day.

He looks so amused...
3 comments:
I like the idea to color the bath water! I might have to steal that :)
Natalie, you are such a good Mom! You think of the most creative way to not only celebrate holidays but just every day!
The bathwater is so creative! We loved seeing all of Porters cute costumes the week of Halloween. Also, excited to have you in primary....I love primary.
Post a Comment