Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stacey & Simon Visit!!! Day 1

Wednesday February 16th was one of the best days ever! Stacey and Simon came out to visit for almost two weeks!!!! We had a BLAST! I drove to Las Vegas to pick them up from the airport and we were on cloud 9. She even brought baby Eliza (in utero) and I felt her move a couple times and kick once!
My beautiful, precious, perfect nephew Simon. I LOVE this kid! He is so cute and fun and has his own ideas and very specific things he likes.
Simon and Porter are only six months apart in age and they had fun together. Porter brought two of his monster truck toys in the car to the airport and as soon as we all got in the car he handed one to Simon. I was floored! I had no idea he would share one of his most favorite toys on his own accord without being asked. He loves his cousin! Simon held onto that thing the whole way home. Stacey and I just talked and talked and talked...and talked and talked and talked...well you get it. When we got home Stacey and I were so excited to show each other things we had for one another. That night we got the boys ready for bed with a bath and they both loved having company at bath time. Now they are both in their own homes away from each other, bath time has become boring. We can tell they miss each other. I am very grateful Stacey was able to come out and visit and get one last trip in before life gets busy (with two babies) and expensive (Simon turned 2 the day after they flew home so he was free; now he costs a plane ticket). We had an amazing visit but it's just never long enough. Doubt it ever will be. *sniff* Wish they could come back. The day after she leaves is always a depressing day and one of the most empty and sad days of my year. I wish our visits never had to end. I love you Stacey and Simon!
I had SOOOOO many things planned and ideas for daily themes for the boys, but most of it didn't happen. *pout* Part of it was a lot of mornings we didn't get ready and out the door in time to do anything before naps because I was still battling morning sickness and nausea! Yuck. The other part was the weather was too chilly and I forgot to take into account the fact that we had to take time to eat and sleep. Oh bother. Anyway, here is a list of things I planned for the four of us to all do together: working out at the Rec Center, swimming, story time at library, park, Jumpin' Jacks, Creative Minds Discovery Center, Wildlife Museum, lunch/breakfast date at McDonald's and use play area, Zion National Park, hikes, mall (ride kiddy rides, read books, play trains in Barnes N' Noble), feed ducks, picnic, play Wii, take pictures, attend Aaron's softball game, bike ride-with the boys in the trailer, and walks in a wagon. Then I had things planned for just Stacey and I: free manicure, church history tour (Tabernacle and other sites), make veggie puree's (to be healthy and use in meals), shopping, and attending the Temple (wanted to go 4 times since it's so close and hers is so far away and would do 2 sessions, once for sealings, and once for initatories or baptisms...but then I found out it was closed for two weeks for cleaning...we only got to go once). I planned every meal and when we would eat out (I had a LOT of freebies and buy one, get one coupons). Then I had "Tot Time" activities planned to do with the boys each day: nature scavenger hunt, play dough, practice ABC's, learn shapes, work on colors, potty practice, colored baths, puzzles, color with crayons, paint, bubbles, sidewalk chalk art, music time, dancing, and reading scriptures. I planned out books we would read and the stuffed animals or toys that would go with them to make the stories more fun. I had a list of fun songs we would sing and have fun with. I know what you're thinking--over planned much? Yeah, I did. I just don't get her out here that much so I wanted to do everything! Now I'll tell you the daily themes I had planned which included activities for the day. I know you're going to say "What a nerd", but I prefer "How creative". ;)
  • LOVE DAY: Valentine's Day had just passed so I wanted to make heart-shaped sugar cookies with pink/red frosting, pink bath for the boys, watch an episode of Blue's Room called "Hug Day", and read love books (Love You Through and Through, Guess How Much I Love You, etc)
  • TRAIN DAY: play with train toys/tracks, use train-shaped sandwich cutter, watch Thomas the Train shows, ride kiddy rides at the mall, play trains at Barnes N' Noble, play in train tent, take a walk in wagon or bike ride, red bath with Thomas train bath toys, read train books
  • FROG/BUG/TURTLE DAY: wear green, play leap frog, Jumpin' Jacks, hike, picnic and play at park, outdoor scavenger hunt (leaves, bugs, flowers), green bath with frog and turtle toys, read books (i.e. The Icky Sticky Frog, The Foolish Tortoise, The Hare and the Tortoise, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, etc)
  • WATER WORLD: bubbles, swim at Rec Center, blue bath with whale toys, books on ocean and sea animals
  • BUILDER BOYS: watch Bob the Builder shows, play with trucks and wear hard hats, building blocks, McDonald's play area, yellow bath, read books about builders/heavy equipment (i.e. Easy Street)
  • DETECTIVE DAY: home scavenger hunt for everyday objects, Discovery Center, purple bath
  • ANIMAL ADVENTURERS: act like animals, Wildlife Museum, orange bath with fish and tiger toys, animal books and toys (got LOTS of those; also Laura Numeroff books--If You Give a Pig a Pancake with stuffed animals, etc)
  • RAINBOW RESCUERS (COLORS): watch Signing Time episodes on colors, color or paint, sidewalk chalk art, frozen yogurt, rainbow cupcakes, play with play dough, multi-colored bath, read books about colors & ABC's (Chick-a-chicka Boom Boom)
  • TEMPLE TIME (for a Sunday): sing songs about the Temple, read books and look at pictures, Temple Quarry Hike, walk around the Temple
  • DUCKIE DAY: feed ducks at a pond, yellow bath with rubber duckies, read duck books (i.e. Giggle Giggle Quack Quack)

No comments: