Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stacey & Simon Visit-Day 2

The first full day with our special visitors was quiet and relaxing (Thursday 2/17). I had so many plans of things to do before my sister and son came to visit, and a lot of those things required nice weather (picnics, park play dates and invite friends, feeding ducks at a pond, bike rides, walks around the neighborhood, hikes). We had experienced some really nice days here and there in January and February, so I was hopeful, but unfortunately this was really our only nice day. We just played in the backyard. Other days had nice afternoons that would have been acceptable weather with a jacket, but the boys would nap at those times and 3-4 hours! At least Simon was in heaven in my backyard (said his mother). He was in his element and one happy camper playing in the rocks--one of his favorite things in the world.
Porter LOVED playing "swords" with Aunt Stacey using sticks. I loved that Porter got to spend time with his Aunt and play. For the first few days everything was "Stacey turn" for Porter; I couldn't do anything for him...he wanted Stacey. (If you know him everything is usually "Daddy's turn": to get his milk, brush his teeth, put on a show, play a game, etc.) I felt bad because I didn't want her doing everything for him but I think she considered it an honor. Later on everything turned into "Mommy's turn". I think Stacey was disappointed. =(
Simon also played in the dirt in the garden box. He would've played in there all day if we had let him.
The boys liked to swing the swing; some times shorter-leg-Simon got picked up and taken for a ride. Weeeeeeee!!!
I love to catch these "Typical Toddler Moments" on camera. Yup--half-pint here colored on the tile floor. Do you see the almost "What did I do?" look on his face? Stinker; he knows exactly what he did! He has done this a couple times now. Unfortunately this time it was not with the washable crayons. (Grrrr...grimace, clench teeth) It took a bit more elbow grease and labor to get off. Thank you Oxy Clean for your help!

1 comment:

The Sanford Family said...

That is such a cute "what did I do?" look? How on earth do you ever discipline something so darn cute?! I love that you guys had such a fun time together. I just would have loved it even more if I had been there.