Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby "Ewiza"

First two weeks of May we went out to Nashville to visit my family and meet my new pride and joy: Baby Eliza Gaile Gilday! She is soooooooooo precious! I love her! I got a cold couple days before we left and was still pretty germ-y when we got out there, so just to be safe I wore a mask the first few days. I couldn't believe how small, precious, and tiny she was. I asked Stacey if I could have her...several times. She said no every time. Rude. Stacey told Matt they'd better check my suitcases before I left. He asked why and was told it was to be sure I didn't try to take baby with me.
She had a couple outfits with ruffles on the butt so she got called "ruffle butt" a lot.



I LOOOOOVED to hold her. I burped, changed, and held her every chance I got. She was so fun to kiss and smell. Love newborn babies!


Mommy gave Eliza a bath and she didn't mind it one bit. Good girl!


I love that little girl so much. She is the perfect newborn who only cries when she's hungry, and once mommy feeds her sleeps or chills for the next 2-3 hours. She slept through the night at a week old (7-8 hrs) and now only gets up once or twice in the night to eat. Easy-peasy! I hope Caleb is taking notes.

Porter loved his cousin "Ewiza" and was so sweet giving her kisses and wanting to give her toys. He never got jealous when I held her and never seemed to mind that she was there. Hope that translates to when a baby is in his house and doesn't leave.

No comments: