Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pregnancy Update-So far so good!

20 weeks--half way!!! The size comparisons start to change now to compare foods to the baby's length; not so much the size of the baby. At 20 weeks baby is the length of a banana--6.5 inches. Approximate weight is 10.5 ounces. At this stage the online info says I can expect to gain another pound or so each week from here on. I was 20 weeks on April 21st but picture taken the 23rd.

At 21 weeks the baby is the length of a 10.5 inch carrot (that's about 4 inch growth in a week). Baby is estimated to be 3/4 of a pound. I was 21 weeks April 28th but didn't take the picture until May 1st.
May 5th marked my 22 week mark but picture taken the next day. We were in Nashville that week and the following week as well. Baby said to be about length of a spaghetti squash--11 inches--and almost a pound.I was 23 weeks on May 12th but picture taken the 14th--the day we left Nashville. *sniff* Baby size comparison was about the size of a large mango--just over a pound and just over 11 inches long. I intended to go buy a mango for the picture but never did.May 16th--24 weeks along--I had my 3rd appointment with the perinatalogist and saw Dr. Jackson again. The actual 24 week mark was May 19th (my niece Eliza officially became a one month old!) and picture taken that day. Baby is about a foot long (length of an ear of corn) and over a pound. Caleb was such an active squirmy-worm during the ultrasound. Little dude does not hold still! The technician was a quirky, nice lady who called Caleb cookie, noodle, stinker, and honey. Most of the time his legs were crossed Indian style and he kept moving and hiding his face when he wanted a face picture. I feel move him A LOT. Mostly mornings and evenings; he must sleep in the afternoon. I never felt Porter this much. Porter was such a calm baby, but Caleb I feel all the time. Comforts me to know he is moving because that's a good sign of baby being okay! At 24 weeks they start charting the blood flow in the baby brain that tells them how anemic the baby is and how at risk they are. There are four linear curves and today Caleb was on the very bottom curve which is great because it means he is on the low end of being in danger/anemic/at risk/sick. Now let's just hope and pray he stays on that curve! Next regular OB appointment is in a couple weeks and I'll see the specialist the following week, so we keep truckin!

No comments: