
Jared (Aaron's brother) and Melissa invited the whole family up to Zion
Ponderosa for a stay at their friends cabin for a few days. (It's just outside Zion National Park.) It was
sooooooooo much fun!!! The cabin was more like a mini-mansion and was unbelievably beautiful. It was gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Only half of the family were able to make it (one family had to stay in Vegas, another in Tennessee, and the newlyweds had to work) so we missed everyone being there but hopefully that will happen in the future. Another family came up for one day and Aaron was in and out (those 3 days he had a softball game, a hearing in court out of town, and mandatory training for work), but I was lucky enough to be able to stay all three days with the parents and Jared's family. April 25-27

The boys. Porter LOVED hanging out with "the big boys" and playing in a fort with them and running around.



Uncle Jared helped Porter roast marshmallows. So cute!

They have some fun things to do in Zion
Ponderosa including a
miniature golf course, petting zoo (see the goats above), horse back rides, swimming pool and spa, and a zip line. We didn't do any of that this time but next time! I would love to do the zip line and we would have gone swimming had it been warm. It was actually quit chilly, in the 40's and 50's so we didn't spend too much time outside besides our one hike, a little 4-wheeling, and campfire.

Porter found a dinosaur puppet in the gift shop he thought was fun to play with.


Aaron and I went on a 4-wheeling adventure Tuesday before dinner. It was so fun! Beautiful nature and majestic views. I wore three coats and two pairs of gloves. I was not about to be cold. It was chilly and windy that day but I was comfortable all bundled up!



Everyone around the fire pit on Tuesday (minus Aaron who was taking a nap after having been up since 4 am that day to attend the out of town court case).

The four boys with their Papa. Porter is the top of the head and little hands on the left. Still the youngster of the group.

Wednesday before I left with the parents, we went on a walk around the neighborhood.

Back and front/side views of the cabin. There was a LOT of deck space. In warmer weather would be nice to spend more time out there to watch the deer in the yard.


View of the living room from the stairs. Monday night we played Scrabble while the kids watched a movie. So much fun! We ate great food and everyone really had a good time.


Upstairs loft/family area.

This was my bedroom with Porter and it was beautiful and perfect! I will now deem it mine. =P I am REALLY looking forward to doing this again and hopefully have everyone in the family come. The second we walked in I could picture it and made my own dream-plans to make it a yearly reunion/trip. It would be so much fun and what great memories and bonding time! Thank you Jared and Melissa! =)
http://www.vrbo.com/158841(website shows better pictures & details about all the cabin has to offer & rent info)
1 comment:
Wow! The Park is amazingly beautiful. Owen and I would love to visit there!
Post a Comment