
Off to Nashville!!! May 3-14 we visited my family out east and had a wonderful time! Even Aaron looked happy on the plane going out there! Porter has been on a plane several times and he was so cute once again. Such a good little traveler. The funny thing was this time he was actually scared of the take off and landing. Each time he would tell me to "close the door" (the window shade) and said "I don't wanna fall!" It was pitiful and funny at the same time. Once we in the air he was fine. (5/3) Stacey picked us up at the airport and by the time we got to my parents house it was late, but we took a tour of their house (it's very nice and new and beautiful) and went to bed late. I could NOT fall asleep that night and the only reason I could think of was I was SOOOOO excited to see Simon and meet newborn Eliza! So that next morning I got up and traveled the one mile down the road to Stacey's house and saw my extra babies! Simon is hilarious: his favorite thing to watch right now it "Melmo" (Elmo) and as soon as you turn it on he runs up the stairs and watches from the loft through the banister.



My Dad asked Aaron if he would build some shelves in the garage while we were out visiting and he spend the first few days doing that, and did a great job. My Dad really enjoyed the time he spent out in the garage with Aaron and talking to him and assisting with anything he needed. (5/4)

Dear sweet Dad thought of several other things for us to do (paint those shelves, build more shelves, unload storage units, etc) but I quickly squashed those ideas. I love to help family and would help with anything when needed, but we were not going to spend our ENTIRE vacation doing his projects. Sorry but we don't go out very often and I wanted to spend time with my family...not their stuff.

On Thursday (May 5) Stacey and I took the kids to the Discovery Center park to play on the playground and feed the ducks.








Porter LOVED playing with Simon's ball popper and would even stay on the potty to go to the bathroom if he had that to play with.

Stacey takes Simon every Friday to the Smyrna Library (about 20 mins away) for "Books & Babies". We were so glad we (Porter and I) were finally able to attend! (5/6) Every time I have been out there to visit we've tried but it's either canceled or something prevents our attendance. It was so fun! Really geared toward the tots with toys to play with, they can get up and move around all they want, plus they mostly do songs, puppet shows, and finger plays with a short book or two.


I love our story time at the library but it would be nice to have something like Books and Babies for the younger crowd. LOVE spending time out east with my family and Stacey and I always try to keep the kids busy and do fun things. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment