Sunday, July 3, 2011

Aaron's Best Buddy

Aaron got a backpack baby carrier on a super-duper liquidation sale. It's so nice! Love it. Porter is a bit big for it but boy did he have fun riding around in it as Aaron ran around the house. (6/17)

The backpack has a sunshade too. Can't wait to have baby Caleb in it and go on family hikes.
One thing Aaron and Porter do together is the hand play/poem "Here's the church, here's the steeple, open the doors, see all the people!" Porter LOVES it! Cracks him up. Of course it's "peoples".

Aaron did some MUCH needed yard work and cut our overwhelming willow trees to a fourth of what they were. (6/4) The branches sat on the side of the house until he had time to haul them away.
Porter was such a big helper getting the branches into the trailer and cleaning up the driveway. (6/18) He loves to help his Daddy and do anything he does.


Daddy giving Porter an overdue haircut. (6/18) He is a really good barber. I'm glad I don't have that duty; too much pressure and I don't have the experience. From stories it sounds to me like Aaron was the barber on his mission for his companions and fellow missionaries.
Bed time routine consists of a bath (not every night), then brushing teeth (most nights), saying a prayer, and reading books (4-5). We usually read the books while he is lying in bed but some times he wants to sit by Daddy.
I'm glad Porter worships his Daddy and that Aaron cherishes the time he spends with his son. He looks forward to it and misses him during the long hours he is away from home at work. I'm so happy they are best buds! =D

1 comment:

The Sanford Family said...

That is the cadilLac of backpacks! Im jealous. I love the pic of porter wearing gloves like his daddy.