Thursday, July 14, 2011

Doctor Day & Date with Porter

June 29th was a busy day which I was away from home for most of it. I had my weekly OB appointment in the morning, swim lessons, and drove around and sat in the car for 2 hours so Porter could get some sort of nap before his 2:15pm doctor appointment I made that morning. That's right, in the middle of nap time, but it was that or wait over a week. I made an appointment because Porter had a handful of bumps spread over his body that started to get red rings around them. When I was in high school I had something like that on my calf and it ended up being ring worm. I took him in thinking it was that or something that needed to be seen since the one on the back of his leg was getting bigger and more red. Porter's doctor wasn't there, so we saw the on call doctor and Porter was a perfect boy! The promise of a sucker at the end did the trick. ;) Go figure it ended up being nothing; doc said just an allergic reaction to bug bites. We had been to Manti where there were bugs but that was a week before. Glad it was nothing, but what a waste of a trip to the doctor. Oh well; better safe than sorry.
Porter was pretty excited about getting two stickers (Diego & Mater from Cars) and a sucker.
Porter was such a good boy I promised him a treat of fries and dip-dip (had a free coupon). So we had a late lunch/early dinner date! Before we got our food he had a great time dipping his fingers in the fry sauce and ketchup to lick.
His tongue was super red from the drink he'd had to drink earlier.
I got a raspberry cheesecake shake to share as well (had a $1 off coupon for that) and it was nummy. Porter liked his "ice cream".
Since we were right next to the mall and had not been in ages, I took him over to play with the trains at Barnes n' Noble while I sat and watched. We were away from home most of the day but some times you have to be.

1 comment:

The Sanford Family said...

My favorite post! I love that little man. Stacey says you should put him in a museum to preserve him forever.