Porter word pronunciations:
"horseshoops"=horseshoes
"copper eyes"= compromise 7/21
Porter funnies:
- I asked Porter where he had been when I didn't see him pick up toys I asked him to & he said, "I go to time out." I asked why. "I be naughty." 7/24
- "Daddy wear du-dun-du-duns?" (translation: Does Daddy wear underwear?) 7/25
- Porter wasn't listened to me while we were all in the garage so I told him he had to go inside, physically placed him in the laundry room & had to push him out of the way to shut the door. He cried & Aaron got him & brought him out. Porter pointed a finger at me & reprimanded me 3x's saying, "Don't push me Mommy!" I apologized as did he for not listening. Such a funny boy! 7/26
- Rainy day I was rolling car windows up & down so Porter ended up thinking it was a game & asking for up & down...when I stopped responding he said, "Abajo!" That's Spanish for down...then when I prompted him he said, "Arriba!" for up....my little Spanish speaker! 7/26
- Opened Porter's door after what was supposed to be nap time (he never fell asleep; apparently the short cat nap in the car on the way home from Nana's house was enough) to see him with white stuff all over--it was Neosporin cream. He proudly exclaimed, "I put medicine on it!" 7/27
- Aaron dropped Porter off at his mom's house when I had 3 doc appts & as he went to leave Porter pointed his finger at him & said, "You be careful Daddy." 7/27
- Porter playing in the bathtub w/ his Thomas Train bath toys & I hear: "Come on Thomas...Awight, I coming." 7/27
- "Mom, a buggie in my bum!" ....don't ask, I have NO idea 7/29
- Singing "Once there was a Snowman" song but instead of "in the sun he melted" Porter kept singing "in the sunny mountain"
- Porter looked at the bottom of his shoe & said he had "footprints" on his shoes! 8/2?
- "I wanna get dog food. Come on Chia--time for your sna-ack!" He got the dog food out of the cupboard by himself & took the initiative to fill the empty dog dish! 8/4
- Me: "Don't kick the dogs!" P: "Why?" Me: "Cause you'll go to time out & it's not nice." P: "Why?" Me: "Because Mommy said so." P: "Okay." =O Really? Can't believe I said that, but it worked??? =) 8/4
- "Hewo? Anybody here?" A pitiful Porter says from under his door when he was supposed to be down for a nap 7/23
- Aaron was getting ready for church one Sunday & we hear a Porter squeal & he yells "I get baptized me!" 7/24
- Twice in one day when I asked Porter to do something & threatened him with time-out if he didn't listen, he went & put himself in time out instead of doing what I asked! One of those times I went to look at him & he turns around, smiles, & says "All done!" 8/4
- Aaron had been gone for a week & his first night home Porter could not leave his side & wouldn't go to bed so Aaron let him sleep with us in our bed; he was so excited he couldn't stop moving or talking; he kept 'whispering' (it's a loud but CUTE whisper voice), "We be quiet! Shhhh. Okay, I close my eyes. Pirates! Hey...we be quiet!" 8/5
- "Daddy took my car away." Porter & I got ready to attend a baptism for a girl in our ward but we went out to the garage to discover Aaron had taken the car that morning 8/6
- Aaron put Porter to bed & Porter yelled from under the door for a bit & then started yelling, "I need my Daddy!" 8/6
- "I gotta cweam up mess." ...Porter grabbed kitchen towels & wanted to clean up a mess which ended up being a pee accident on the kitchen floor; I saved my towels & got paper towels 8/9
- "You Mommy, I Porter." ...thanks for clearing that up son 8/9
- Porter & I were looking at the blog post about the zoo trip & Porter saw the picture of me holding the kangaroo & said, "Mommy you hold a kangaroo--that a good boy" (as he pats my chin), "Porter hold tail." ....LOVE him! Kid cracks me up! 8/9
- "Animals stinkies." ...another comment as we looked at zoo pics 8/9
- Coming home from doc appt I parked on the side of the house; Porter promptly instructed me that was wrong b/c that's "Daddy's spot" & pointed in the garage to "Mommy's spot" 8/10
Daddy/Porter games:
- "Run spin"--Porter starts to run & Aaron lifts him off the ground spinning around
- "Smash me!"--Aaron gets two pillows & chases him, smashing him w/ the pillows; Porter will ask for him to do it again & again by saying, "Smash me Daddy! Smash me!"
- "Airplane arms"--Porter lays face down on the floor w/ 3 limbs spread out; Aaron picks him up by one arms & one leg & spins him around
- Singing at bed time after reading stories--song line up by Porter request: "I Am a Child of God", various superhero made-up songs to same tune, 'scripture song' which is "Book of Mormon Stories"
- "Hungry for Tummy"--that's what Aaron says to Porter who squeals & laughs & giggles & then his tummy gets eaten
Now for a bunch of random, cute pictures:
Little sweet pea fell asleep watching comic book cartoons. I don't like when Aaron let's him watch those and then leaves. It was nap time! I couldn't turn it off right away but of course little guy was tuckered and didn't want to nap when I put him in his bed, but he did.
My little patriotic boy wanted to dress up like an Army man and wanted his flag too. So cute!
Porter at swim class. It was his last one.
Cutest little time-out kid ever! He only has a time-out a few times a week. He is a very good boy. Most of the time he listens; it's not too often we have to follow through with the punishment/consequence of not listening. (7/10)
Then Teddy got a sip of grape juice. Porter is so nice to share and take care of him. (7/15)
All ready to go to church with his church bag! Every Sunday he is just beside himself with excitement to go to church. He loves it! It's so cute and makes me so happy. He LOVES going to nursery class especially.
(7/17)
No comments:
Post a Comment