Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Chia Pup!

Today our little Chia is 3 years old! (I don't count in dog years; means nothing to me.) Happy Birthday puppy girl! We got her in 2008 four months before Porter was born. We knew Chancho would need a playmate and companion once there was a baby around to get all the attention. Besides that, I think Chihuahua's are meant to be in pairs. I call her the "best freebie" I ever got. Met a lady in the summer of 2007 and she told me when her dogs have puppies we could have one. She held to her word and almost a year later we got our Chia! She is our little princess and we just love her! Here are pictures over the past few years starting from when she was a new puppy in our home; just a few weeks old.

Chancho was not so sure about her when she first came into our home. Aaron and I went together to the house to pick out a puppy from the litter and Aaron picked Chia. He then had to go to work and I took Chia home. When I got home I sat on the couch with her and Chancho came over to sniff and check her out. Next thing I know he lifts his leg and pees on us!!! Mostly on her, but I was ticked! I took it as "This is my territory so leave" AND "I've marked you, now you're mine." I love that her coloring is the same as Chancho's and that their names kind of match.
Precious little puppy dog. I LOVE her!!!! Aaron once made the comment that one of his favorite things about Chia was the white "star" on her chest. Such a beautifully colored dog.

Puppy love!
Chia is not afraid to conquer something bigger than herself. My funny little stinker.

Chancho and Chia really belong together. I think their tails were switched somehow. She has some darker coloring on her tail that matches Chancho perfectly, and his tail is a lighter golden color like Chia. I figure it's a sign. ;)
I love that she let's me dress her up. Not like she enjoys it but she tolerates it...mainly because she doesn't have a choice. =P


Chia on a hike; contemplating and pondering her place in the world. Probably hoping she doesn't get eaten by a hawk or coyote.
Chia is our little snuggle bug. Aaron is her favorite person to snuggle with and I'm her next choice. Makes me smile when Chia and Chancho snuggle together.
Chia is a feisty little one. She is a typical little sister to Chancho who tries to get under his furry coat and make him mad, which she often succeeds at. She tries to steal toys from him and when he chases after something (like a laser light or a ball) she will run behind him trying to bite the back of his legs instead of getting the object.
Chia is a licking machine. She loves to lick, lick, lick, lick. Took some time to break her of the habit of trying to lick our faces but she still tries to sneak one in here and there. She is a tiny bit more stubborn than Chancho; she took longer to learn to do tricks (fetch, shake, sit) and house train than Chancho but she eventually got it. She got away with it because she is a puppy princess. =P
Chia is so funny; it's so obvious when she does something she's not supposed to. She always cowards down and turns herself in. If she snuggles up to Aaron with a guilty look and cowards down he says "What did you do?" and we usually find a poop on the floor or something. She is a good girl but gets in trouble a bit--mostly going to the bathroom in the house which she only does if there is any kind of weather outside. The one thing she is deadly afraid of is the wind. I figure it's her big ears that are always up and they take it all in, or she's afraid she'll blow away. She also hates the rain and is not fond of the cold. The annoying habit she has is eating paper or tissues. Can't leave anything like that laying around.
Girl can literally fly through the air. She is an amazing jumper and surprises us with her leaps and bounds.
She is also my little piggie. Always begs for food and is your best friend if you have anything edible in your possesion. Chancho is more of a 'silent begger' but Chia is what I would call an active, stare-with-big-puppy-eyes as she inches closer and closer to you. I call her my piggie because she just inhales food. Doesn't bother to chew at all; just swallows.
Chia is such a sweet dog. I love her so very much. She is my little canine princess and I love her to pieces! She is a fun, sweet, cute, accountable, precious, furry pup who has got a piece of my heart.

No comments: