
My Porter Michael; I turn my back to take a shower and he dumps the cereal on the counter. The cereal box should not have been left out but oh well. He was so cute. (3/23) He is always very quick to say "I sorry," and in such a cute voice.

Teddy bear song at story time! Porter is into it again. (3/24)


Porter balancing a cup on his head. (3/24)


Porter always looks do dapper on a Sunday. He would not put on his sweater that morning because Aaron didn't have one on, so Aaron wore one that day--and let Porter pick it out from two choices--just to make Porter happy. He had to wear his tie on the outside too so he could see he was wearing a "daddy tie". (3/27)

The day before my birthday (3/28) I went into the DMV to renew my license. It had been 5 years since I got my Utah license (after I moved here) and expired on my birthday. Talk about cutting it close. Aaron was home so I left and waited there for just under two hours. Got almost the entire March Ensign magazine read so that was the positive. Aaron had to leave home and Porter was down for a nap, but I had waited so long and didn't want to wait another day and do it all over again, so I chanced it. I ran home, got Porter up, ran back (total of about 40 minutes with the drive), and walked inside hoping they had not already called my number. I had brought a bag full of Porter treats (coloring book and crayons, chocolate for bribery, toys, and donuts we had just been delivered that morning from a fundraiser) expecting to possibly wait longer. I stood there for about 10 seconds deciding where we should sit or ask if my number had been called and I hear #172. My turn!!! I was thrilled! I found out from the worker a few important lessons: first, don't go in the middle of the day. I had gone about 12:30pm so things were slower because only half of the employees were working due to lunch breaks (didn't think of that), and second I could have made a reservation online. I had no idea! She said those people get helped within 15 minutes. Good to know. I'll remember that when it's time to renew again in 5 years. Porter only had to be there for 10 minutes and was happy to eat is donut. Afterward I took him to the park to play for about 30 minutes. He made a new friend and they ran around together. Afterward we went to Costco to pick up his vitamins, buy milk, and get gas. When I went to Costco the gas line was outrageous so I decided to wait until after and hope it would be better. When I went to check there was a totally open lane; while pumping gas 3-4 cars had lined up on every lane. I had made it at the perfect time! It was a good day; felt like things had gone my way pretty well.

Porter spread out the newspaper as if to read it and then watched his show. (3/29)

Porter refusing to brush his teeth. (3/29)

No comments:
Post a Comment