Thursday, April 14, 2011

Porter Discovery Center Play

Friday April 8th Porter and I went to the Discovery Center (Creative Minds Discovery Center) with our friends the Tanners. Porter, Reese, and Noah just played and played and played (Porter for almost 2.5 hours!) while Kristen and I talked, and talked, and talked! =)



Porter kept coming out of the curtain on the stage saying "Ta-da!" Noah put on a "magic show", which I'm pretty sure was just appearing out of the curtain.

Porter found a sword and decided to take on the knight. Notice Porter has no armor on; brave little soul.

Good boys grooming the stable horse.


Porter always loves to sit in the pool of balls and play in the "Tot Spot" section.

Every once in awhile I still find some Porter toys all lined up, just like the old days. *tear trickles down cheek* (4/5)
Little sneak stole all of the peanut butter crackers from the pantry. *tisk tisk tisk* I had to pry them out of his starving little hands. =P (4/7)
Sometimes Porter "reads the paper" while he eats his breakfast. (4/7)Today (Thursday the 14th) Porter and I took his friend Noah (who's big sister Reese had to go to school) to the Discovery Center and they again played for 2.5 hours! And of course would have stayed longer. Their friend Hallie came with her mom (my friend Teresa) to play too. Kids play and mom's talk: I love it! It's a win-win. Porter and Hallie played house for a while pretending to shop, cook, and eat.At one point when I peeked through the "sun roof", Porter was saying a prayer! His arms were folded and I heard something close to "Heavenly Father" and then an "Amen". Adorable!!! Porter played dress up on the stage for a minute with the skeleton costume.After playing we met Aaron at Jimmy Johns for lunch before he had to go to work. Porter and Noah weren't too big on eating their sandwich but loved eating the chips and enjoyed the fruit snacks I brought.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

We had a great time playing there. Thanks for taking Noah yesterday. So cute Porter was praying in the house at the table. Now that spring is here we will have to play outside so I can work on my tan!!!